Our members adhere to the following Code of Ethics:
- To encourage the borrowing public to use credit wisely and encourage prompt payment of all debts.
- To assure by reasonable means the ability of the applicant to repay debts.
- To provide applicants an installment loan that is amortized with reduction of principal and interest in substantially equal payments.
- To employ only lawful and reasonable means and methods in the collection of delinquent accounts.
- To be responsible, fair and nondiscriminatory with borrowers.
- To not be a party to any agreement or activity fixing minimum charges on loans.
- To reasonably cooperate with federal, state, and local officials empowered to regulate our industry.
- To conduct our operations in an ethical and legal manner.
- To actively bar or remove from our association any member or firm who does not adhere to the Code of Ethics.