Independent Finance Institute of Oklahoma was established in 1975 by Traditional Installment Lenders to provide a strong and unified presence for the regulated Traditional Installment Loan industry.
The function of this association is to support and promote the Traditional Installment Loan industry in the state of Oklahoma; ensure that Oklahoman’s have access to safe, structured, regulated and responsible consumer loans; encourage positive legislation and to oppose harmful legislation.
The IFI has worked tirelessly to create, embrace, and protect a business friendly environment for not only responsible Traditional Installment Lenders but Oklahoma consumers. The IFI maintains a strong relationship with the Department of Consumer Credit and maintains a Commissioner seat on the Board for the Department of Consumer Credit. The IFI’s Legislative and Lobbying efforts continue to make Oklahoma a successful climate for the Traditional Installment Loan industry while creating the opportunity for the citizens of Oklahoma to access safe, secure and affordable credit.
The Independent Finance Institute of Oklahoma is active in the following:
- Maintaining a strong legislative committee, active in tracking legislation, supporting positive legislation and opposing negative legislation.
- Maintaining an elected group of officers and directors who provide direction and support.
- Maintaining an informed membership through periodic communications.
- Maintaining an annual convention dedicated to furthering the flow of information, unity and common purpose.
- Holding periodic membership meetings designed to disseminate information and garner unified support and purpose.
- Maintaining lobbying relationships to represent members' interest in the Oklahoma Legislature.
- Maintaining an Executive Director to lead lobbying efforts and fund raising.
- Maintaining a sound and open relationship with Administrator of the Department of Consumer Credit and the Division of Finance.
- Maintaining an active presence in the political process through legislative member meetings, fund raisers and events.
- Maintaining relationships and/or membership in national associations (AFSA/NILA) to maintain, promote and protect federal interest.
We are always interested in attracting new membership from the traditional installment loan industry in Oklahoma. Our united voice and active membership provides the strength to continue to maintain, promote and protect our great industry.